21st September 2012
QFN MARINE LP
305 Quattishe Rd.
Coal Harbour, B.C.
Phone: (250) 949-6870
Fax: (250) 949-6875
JOB DESCRIPTION – QFN MARINE LP – OFFLOADING SUPERVISOR
This job description falls under the general management of the Quatsino Economic Development Limited Partnership
Maintaining contact with boats requiring offloading services and providing equipment, materials, services and staff to meet the offloading schedule.
1) Providing the tally sheets to the accounting office in a timely manner.
2) Responsible for monitoring and controlling the access to the wharf by marine craft and vehicles during offload.
3) Responsible for ensuring the equipment and offloading system are in good working order
4) Ensuring that all boats requiring offloading are met with adequate staffing levels to offload quickly and efficiently.
5) Working with staff at the Economic Development office to maintain a list of First Nation employees and to develop a procedure for employee call outs.
6) Ensuring that all persons comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
7) Direct activities related to dispatching, routing or tracking transportation vehicles.
8) Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
9) Analyzing expenditures and other financial information to develop plans and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
10) Advise management on recommendations pertaining to offloading fees.
11) Provide the required training for equipment use such as the offloading pump, forklifts and fuel pumps.
12) Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationship through development of constructive and cooperative working relationships with management and employees.
13) Communicating with supervisors, peers and subordinates through telephone, written form, email or in person.
The start date for this position is October 9, 2012. The successful applicant will work from October 9 to October 26th to become fully familiar with the offloading system, employees, trucking companies, fish buyers and management. After that time the position will be on a contractual basis. A cell phone will be provided.
The successful applicant must have a valid drivers license and experience in the fish offloading industry. Please provide a resume and salary expectations to Quatsino Economic Development LP. Attention Irene M Paterson, General Manager. Fax # 250-902-0638 or email managerqfnedc.ca by October 1, 2012.