A single case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in community. The individual, and members of their household, have started their self-isolation. Public Health is currently contact tracing to notify people that may have been in close contact.
What this means for the Quatsino Community:
- We are moving to the Red Phase. This means
- limiting your travel to the Mount Waddington Regional District (except medical appointments and work requirements)
- limit contacts to your immediate household
- K’ak’ot’lats’i School will be moving to online learning delivery starting Apr 19, 2021 (to be reassessed Apr 27)
- Daycare will be closed starting Apr 19, 2021.
- Band Staff will be working remotely except for where necessary.
- Cigarette sales will be limited to Monday 8am-3pm and Friday 8am-12pm.
Please see the below PDF for the full announcement.