11th April 2011
Please come on out to the Treaty meeting on Apr.12, 2011
The meeting will start at 5pm at Quattishe Hall with dinner and we will then discuss what the options are for our Nation.
There will be a special guest Robert Morales, Hul’qumi’num Treaty Group in attendance that will provide an overview of the Treaty Process which will include an explanation on the following key areas:
• Land selection, loans
• What the six issues are at the common table
• What we have now, what we could lose, and what will happen for us moving forward
We need to get together and decide what is best for our Nation.
It is important that all band members attend because the decisions being made will directly affect each and every band member.
Did You Know?
1. Quatsino is currently in Stage four of the Six stage Treaty process.
2. Quatsino Nation has borrowed 2.5 million dollars for Treaty
3. Last year Quatsino did not to borrow any money.
Our Nation is at a pivotal point in Treaty and as a Nation we need to decide how to best move forward.
We need a decision to be made by community members
• Should we borrow more money?
• Should we just accept the amount of money that does not need to be paid back?
• Should we prepare to go to court?
There will be door prizes drawn throughout the evening as well as the big door prize – a cell phone!!!!
Hope to see you all there!
Comment by Dave Jacobson on 29th August 2011
No Corporation can negotiate a treaty, own land, or collect taxes, especially one who has filed for bankruptcy, HJ 192, 1933. BC, Canada, USA are all corporations. We owe them nothing, they owe us everything.