10th May 2011
The Quatsino Industrial Park Company is looking for workers to help out with the Western Copper mineral exploration program this year. Up to six or eight hardworking individuals will be employed on various tasks ranging from core-cutting to brushing in the woods.
Job Duties and requirements
Cutters will primarily be cutting up the core (rock) samples that the drillers bring in using chop-saws with rock cutting blades. Duties also include cleaning, sorting, some core-rack construction and moving sample trays around.
- experience preferred (but not required)
- knowledge of chop-saws and safety;
- conscientious and able to work with little supervision;
- physically capable and fit.
Line Cutting/Brushing crew
Two – four man crews will be brushing/cutting a number of transect lines in the woods to enable the geologist to perform geophysical studies. Duties may include chainsaw work, brush-cutting with hand tools, debris removal and hiking. There will be two different jobs – sawyers and clean-up.
- must have chainsaw certification if hired for chainsaw work;
- should have own safety gear or be able to get the gear;
- must be physically fit;
- should have knowledge of working in the woods
- first aid and asset
- BC drivers licence an asset
- work with previous exploration an asset.
The length of employment is not known at this point. Estimates are from 2 months to 6 months with the possibility of working again next year. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to Dave Schmidt at the Band Office or by Fax at (250) 902-0638, or email – fisheriesquatsinofn.ca by 4:00 pm Friday May 13, 2011. We apologize for the short turn-around on this, but the company requires workers immediately.